Time seems to just stop and speed up when you’re at the Lake. It goes by so quickly but at the same time it passes so slowly. It’s a rush and a peace all in the same. It’s chaos and serenity all at once. There’s something about being beside a body of water, in any form, that makes you feel a flood of different emotions. In the summer, I live for that flood.
So, as you probably noticed I am an over packer. I will always be an over packer. I pack about 4 pairs of extra panties, an extra sweater, and two pair of extra pants. Just in case you know? Even though I know from experience, the extras I packed will not be worn, they end up tossed in my suitcase anyway. I’ve come to know that’s just the person I am; the over packer. And, I’m okay with that. I always ALWAYS worry I’m going to forget something or worry I will need something and not have it. Going to the Lake you almost have to take it all. Just like being at the beach, you’re not going to want to run to the store if you forgot something especially if you’ve already gotten settle. So, you gotta take it all. Once you’re out on the water you better have what you need.. or else. 🙂
You know, there’s that list of things you HAVE TO HAVE..
- Swimsuit or Two – Probably two. No one likes putting on a wet swimsuit. Last year, I left mine at home when we went. I’ve also linked some swimmies here.
- Sunglasses – Two pair of cheap sunnies. So, if you lose a pair you have a back up.
- Beach Blanket – a la Suite 41 Boutique.
- Beach Towel – Vera Bradley towels are my fave. The Easter Bunny ( my mom ) got my sister and I towels for Easter
- Hat / Head Band – Hair out of the way. Sun out of you face.
- Flippies – No need to ruin good shoes.
- Sunscreen – See –> this post. Physical Sunscreen.
- Jacket – I detest being cold. On the water, it’s extra chilly; even on the warmest night.
- Pony Tail Holders ( This would be number 2 right under swim suit if these were numbered in order of importance. )
- Beach Bag – To keep all the items in one place. 🙂 I love a tote like it linked. Waterproof and sandproof + they hold a ton.
- Kimono / Swimsuit Cover up – I love a kimono for swim suit cover up.
- PFG Columbia – I almost always take mine. See Sunscreen post. They’re soft, light weight, and protect you from the sun
- Air Dry Cream – I don’t know about you but my hair is REAL cute when it air dries naturally. ( Not really )
- Chapstick – Burnt Lips. Chapped Lips. No thank you.
Other Lake Necessities
Then, there’s that list of things your have to have..
- Jean Shorts – They go with your jacket, your swimsuit, your tee shirt. Just take them you’ll need them
- Take Me to the Lake Tee – obviously. There’s 2 Styles. See also this one.
- Life Proof Case – Water + Cell Phone = expensive Life Proof = $100
- Polaroid Camera – Just for fun!
- Pizza Float ( or other #BASIC floaties ) – So, you can be cool
- Fun Cup – Because you need it
- Sour Patch Kids – because you should never go on a trip without them.
- Aloe Vera and ibuprofen – Sun Burn relief, ya know?
- Phone Charger – No one ever leaves without these
- Head Phones – because I take headphones everywhere
- Water Proof Mascara – Water + Mascara = Mess. Water + Water Proof Mascara = Pretty
- Makeup Wipes – Get that sunscreen off your face AND I always travel with makeup wipes
- Coconut Oil – Rehydrate your sun dried skin while you see
- Wet Brush – Lake Water hair is just unmanageable.
- Chrystal Light Packets – Stay hydrated with flavor
More Lake Necessities
Then, there’s this list.. The fun stuff, the cute stuff,
- Monogram Coozie – You need a cookie and you need it to have your monogram on it
- Cooler – nothing cooler. ( no pun intended )
- Bendy Straws – Just for fun
- Flash Tats – Just for more fun
- Cute PJs – Should I elaborate or..?
- Nail File / Top Coat – I have a hang nail and chipping nail polish. Somethings you just always have. These are two of mine
- Baggy T-shirt and Lose Shorts – for if (or when ) you get sun burnt
- GoPro – no commentary needed.
- Swimsuit bag – travel home with your wet shimmies and not worry about getting the rest of your clothes wet.
- Waterproof Watch – because I always wear a watch and feel lost without it.
- Cute Choker – More just for fun
Did I forget some things? Probably, let’s be honest here. I always forget something! But, I covered a lot of bases. So, next time you’re on the water. Remember to check out my list to make sure you’ve grabbed everything! Until next time.